If you are suffering from male sexual impotence, then definitely you would be asking yourself, how can I solve my erectile dysfunction problem? First, what you need to understand is that there are millions of men all over the globe who face erectile dysfunction symptoms, you are not alone. Secondly, what you must get very clear in your mind is – though millions of men all over the globe suffer from impotence in men, this can be treated.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction Meaning?
When you are having sex and you come within one minute almost all the time, it means that you are suffering from erectile dysfunction. The medical definition of ED, also commonly called impotence, is:
‘A consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.’
‘A common problem among men characterized by the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse or the inability to achieve ejaculation or both.’
A Few Facts about Erectile Dysfunction
- Each year, over 6, 00,000 men all over the world are affected by ED.
- Current figures show that about 150 million men all over the globe suffer from ED right now.
- By the year 2025, it is expected that approximately 300 million men all over the world will be suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Though millions of men suffer from ED, there are very few men who opt to seek treatment for this issue.
- ED affects men of all ages, even men who are young. But with increase in age, ED is more prevalent.
What Is The Main Cause Of Erectile Dysfunction?
The reality is that there is no singular erectile dysfunction cause and various men would suffer from male impotency, for different reasons. Here are the many reasons why millions of men all over the world suffer from weakness of man in bed:
- Physical Causes: Some of the most common physical causes due to which men all over the globe suffer from erectile dysfunction include high cholesterol, alcoholism, diabetes, treatments for prostate disease, hormonal disorders, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, surgical complications, multiple sclerosis, obesity, narrowing of blood vessels, spinal cord injuries, metabolic syndrome, substance abuse, Peyronie disease, high blood pressure, cocaine use, injuries in the pelvic area and smoking.
- Cardiac-Related Problems: Hypertension, atherosclerosis and high cholesterol can also give rise to ED.
- Psychological Causes: There are a number of psychological factors that can give rise to ED and these are depression, guilt, issues with relationships, severe anxiety, job problems, fear of intimacy and mental health issues.
- Use of Certain Medicines: There are some medicines when taken, affect the flow of blood and this gives rise to erectile dysfunction. Some of these medicines are CNS stimulants like amphetamines and cocaine, beta-blockers, medicines used in cancer chemotherapy, central nervous system depressants, alpha-adrenergic blockers, diuretics and synthetic hormones.
- Nerve And Neurological Disorders: There are some nerve conditions and also some neurologic conditions that can cause ED and these are temporal lobe epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, spinal tumors, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, prostate surgery and brain tumors.
- Age: Though it is true that not just men who are elderly, but also young men can suffer from ED, it is also true that as you grow older, your chances of becoming impotent increase.
What Are The Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction?
It is not always that a man has to have an erection and last for more than a minute in bed. But if this happens all the time, then it is definitely a case of ED.
Symptoms of ED are also inclusive of a man finding it hard to ejaculate or finding it tough to keep an erection for a time that is sufficient enough to have satisfactory sex.
There are also various emotional symptoms that can signify ED in a man, such as anxiety, embarrassment, less interest in sex and shame.
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Cured?
ED, in most cases, can be reversed. But, it is vital for you to take note that in some rare case when ED cannot be cured, the right erectile dysfunction treatment can be given and this will help in the elimination of erectile dysfunction symptoms. Currently, there are 5 drugs available to treat ED – Cialis (Tadalafil – Weekend Pills), Levitra (Vardenafil), Stendra (Avanafil), Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate), and Staxyn. Several pharmaceutical companies are researching new treatments for ED, and many new options may be just around the corner.
Can An Erectile Dysfunction Test Be Done?
If you have seen that you are in need of male sexual dysfunction treatment, then it is very likely that you might have gone to see a male doctor specialist and the doctor might have told you to get some erectile dysfunction tests done, to find out whether or not you actually do suffer from ED.
As part of testing to determine whether or not you have ED, the doctor will do a physical examination of you and this would include an examination of your genitals. The doctor will also ask for various blood tests to be done and these would check for things like low testosterone, diabetes, heart issues, etc.
There are various kinds of treatments that are available to treat ED and some of these are:
- Erectile Dysfunction Exercises: One of the best exercises to treat ED is known as Kegel exercises. These are done to increase the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. Going for a brisk walk or a jog can also prove to be extremely good in treating ED.
- Vacuum Erection Devices: This is a mechanical way of dealing with erectile dysfunction. There are men who can get an erection when they use such devices.
- Get Medical Help: Ask your doctor to help you manage heart disease, diabetes and various severe health conditions you might be suffering from. If you are suffering from depression, anxiety or other mental health issues, be sure to get help for the same.
- Erectile Dysfunction Medicine: There are a number of drugs that are available for the treatment of ED. Usually, Doctors Prescribed to men Popular ED Pills such as Cenforce 100 Tablets, Vidalista 60mg, Malegra 100 and Fildena Purple Pills.
- Foods: There are also certain foods that help immensely in treating ED and some of these are avocados, carrots, spinach, grapes, oats, asparagus, a cup of coffee every day, dark chocolate, apple peels, green onions, berries, chili peppers, etc.
- Surgical Treatments: Though surgery is used as a last resort in dealing with ED, a couple of surgical methods used are vascular surgery and penile implants.
- Substance Abuse: Not using illegal drugs, stopping smoking and avoiding or limiting the intake of alcohol, also contribute to treating ED.
The Reality about Erectile Dysfunction
If you have seen the warning signs of erectile dysfunction in you, then here are four very important things you need to keep in mind.
- Do not panic. There are millions of men all over the world who find themselves in precisely the same boat as you are in.
- ED is treatable and there are many treatment methods available, as you have seen above.
- When you suspect or find out you have ED, do not neglect it, for neglecting it can lead to very severe problems.
- Immediately seek treatment for ED.
If you are confused about ED and do not know what to do, then the best course of action for you to take, would be to see your doctor. Keep in mind, there are a number of treatments that are available to deal with ED and one or a combination of more than one, is bound to help you in dealing with ED and giving you your answer to – how can I solve my erectile dysfunction problem? If you need to get more detail about ED (Erectile Dysfunction) and men impotence then have a peek here: EDBalance.