(Updated on August 30, 2020)
One of the best pieces of fitness equipment that you can use to start your home gym is a dip bar.
A dip bar ranks high on the list of simplest gym equipment among fitness enthusiasts. It consists of a couple of bars placed parallel to each other. There are many exercises with dip bars that you can do at home.
Dip bar stations and pullup bars are quite cheap and you can easily look into the lightweight and portable options if you are planning to purchase a set for your home. You can easily use it for multiple workout plans. Bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and even regular individuals are known to be dependent on high-quality dip bars at least for some sections of their workouts.
If you are planning to buy a lightweight, portable version of a dip bar or pullup bar, there are a lot of benefits you can expect. It will be super easy to store and carry around. Since these bars are portable and do not take up much space, they can be placed in any room in your house. You will not have to hit the gym anymore for your dip or other workout plans.
Below are some options for the best dip bars for your home gym.
1. Ultimate Body Press Dip Stand
Despite its lightweight built, this portable dip bar station can easily support users up to a weight of 350 pounds without any issue.
- This set of portable lightweight bars are built with a very sturdy design
- With this deep bar, you can position your body better, thanks to the asymmetrical frame and angled handles
- There are straps and weighted dip belts available in the market to be used with this product
- It does not have sufficient height to let you train with weighted dips, but of course, that would have negated its lightweight and portability features
2. Corex Functional Fitness Parallette Dip Station
This is one of the best portable and lightweight exercise dip bar options to consider. Users can easily customize the placements of the station to suit their plan.
- This set of portable home dip bars can be easily customized, thanks to the provision of two separate bands
- The handles are gripped with foams for better comfort of the user during workout sessions
- The base is very secured
- There have been complaints about the stabilizing pads at the bottom of the bar because they can come off easily
3. Trademark Innovations Fitness Training Dip Station
This is a single U-shaped lightweight and portable station that can provide users with a rigid movement for dip practices.
- Exercises bands are built into this portable dip bar
- It is incredibly lightweight and portable, making it an ideal choice for the fitness freaks who want to carry it around
- The dip handles have been designed in a tapered pattern to provide better grip on the bars
- Insufficient dip height, making it a not so preferred choice for weighted dips
4. Waccess Heavy Duty Dip Station
The most appealing feature of this portable dip bar is its easy height adjustment options that let the user customize the unit as per their requirements.
- Quick adjustment features are provided for this option to make exercise sessions more convenient
- The bars are separate, allowing a wide range of variety for workout plans
- The handles have been provided with foams for efficient grip and prevent slip
- Comes with heavy-duty tubing
- Can be a bit unstable for heavyweight users, especially a bit of wobble for those over 250 pounds.
5. Titan Fitness HD Dip Station Stand Body Press
This heavy-duty steel frame portable bar is extremely lightweight and comes with a 38-inch handle height.
- Built in a ‘U’ shaped design to provide the bar set with extra stability
- The stability is further reinforced by the use of rubber blocks
- The handles are provided with ergonomic foams
- Supports users up to a maximum weight of 750 pounds
- The width of the dip handle can be a bit wide for some users
6. Lebert Equalizer Bars
It is one of the most simply built, lightweight and portable dip stands that come with a fixed height of 28.5 inches.
- The construction is very durable and solid
- Supports users up to a maximum weight of 400 pounds
- Ideal for multiple workout options
- A DVD for suitable workout plans provided to allow users to use it more efficiently
- It is quite expensive in comparison to the other products in the range
7. Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Station
This is a solid steel product built with an ergonomic angle design. It can be fitted together to a single unit.
- The unit comes with a free standing feature
- Constructed with a square frame of 2 inches
- The handles are provided with great foam grips
- There are no options available to adjust the distance between the bars
These are of the best options you can go through if you are in search of a portable, lightweight home dip bar for your exercise plans. You can research more on these options to develop more in-depth insights about them.