Even though you are following a keto diet, it doesn’t you cannot enjoy any treat. And, your treat includes cookies, especially the chocolate ones. You can just choose some creative substitutes to make good baked cookies and make it comply with your diet. The ketogenic diet is a low card, high-fat eating idea. The method helps in the burning of fats rather than carbs. With the evolvement of keto, now it is being used to control and shed weight. It is not recommended for everyone, but only for those who want to live a healthy life.
When you talk of cookies, the two major carb sources are sugar and flour, but with a keto-friendly recipe, you can easily substitute both the things. Low carb flour like coconut flour, almond flour, flax seed and psyllium husks are pretty much available as substitutes for keto chocolate cookies.
Sugar substitutes have always been in practice for diabetics and low calorie consumption people. Erythritol is a pioneer when considering cookie baking. It tastes pretty much same as sugar and will definitely satiate your taste buds.
Though it may be tough to find some kind baking recipe products, but in this recipe of keto chocolate cookies, you will find simple and easily available ingredients. They are extremely loved by chocolate aficionados, whether on a low carb diet or not. The recipe is simple to make and doesn’t take too much time.
Take a look at the ingredients first:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 0.5 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter melted at room temperature
- ¾ cup erythritol
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Some sea salt for garnishing
- Collect all the ingredients. And preheat your over to350 degree Fahrenheit and place two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Now gradually add almond flour, cocoa powder, salt along with baking soda in a bowl.
- Whisk gently till the mixture gets combined well and keep it aside.
- Cream the unsalted butter along with sweetener via a mixer or hand blender. Keep beating it, till it turns fluffy and gets its color.
- Now add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Now add the flour mixture till it gets mixed completely and put in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out approx. 1.5 ounce balls on the sheet. As the cookies will spread while baking so keep them a couple of inches away from one another on the sheet.
- Gently flatten the cookies with your palm and sprinkle some sea salt on it.
- Now, bake them for at least 8 to 10 minutes till they get set. The cookies will be very soft so you need to wait for 10 minutes till they get cool down.
- They will firm up.
Once they are cool, you can pick them put in a container. They can easily be stored for 3-5 days. If you want to escape all the hassle, then you can easily just order keto chocolate cookies online from PBH Foods