Hand sanitizers contain mainly alcohol, due to which their regular use can excessively dry out your hands. That is why moisturizing agents are added to kill those germs and still keep your hands hydrated. For instance, hand sanitizers available at https://kyora.co.nz contain aloe vera that keeps your hands clean as well as soft.
Why are Moisturizers Added to Hand Sanitizers?
Have you ever realized that just wetting your hands and then drying them can remove your skin oils to a great extent, after which they feel so dry and rough? When your skin is stripped off natural oils, it becomes more susceptible to sensitivity and cracking.
Since the world is battling against the COVID-19 pandemic, it is crucial to sanitize your hands every few minutes so that they can stay clear of germs. However, continually sanitizing the hands can irritate the skin and cause burning, cracking, and redness, especially between the fingers. That is why it is important to add a moisturizing agent to the sanitizers, one of the best ones being aloe vera.
How is Aloe Vera Beneficial for the Skin?
Aloe vera has natural moisturising properties to help in retaining moisture levels on rough and dry skin. When you sanitize your hands, the alcohol in the sanitizer evaporates, thereby killing any germs. But during the evaporation process, the moisture and natural oils of your hands also get evaporated. Therefore, sanitizers containing aloe vera will create a layer of protection on your skin so that only germs are killed, and your skin stays soft and hydrated.
Since a hand sanitizer contains high amounts of alcohol, it dries out your hands. The aloe vera gel present in the sanitizer makes a protective layer on your skin so that your skin’s moisture is locked inside. When you use your hand sanitizer several times a day, the aloe vera content present in it saves your skin from cracking and drying. Apart from that, aloe vera is beneficial for your skin in a variety of other ways including:
- Aloe vera contains vitamins, amino acids, and minerals that keep your skin healthy.
- Antibacterial properties of aloe vera help in preventing the growth of bacteria and other germs on your hands.
- Antioxidants in it prevent free radicals that are responsible for damaging skin cells.
- It increases the production of collagen that helps in reducing wrinkles and making your skin youthful and radiant.
- It helps in fading away scars and dark spots on your skin.
- Aloe vera has cooling effects, due to which it feels amazing when applied on sunburnt skin.
- It has natural exfoliant properties, which help in getting rid of bad bacteria and dead cells from your skin.
- It helps in maintaining your skin’s elasticity so that your hands look younger for a longer time.
- It’s good for people with skin sensitivity as well.
So, when it comes to hand sanitizers, those containing aloe vera deliver a plethora of benefits. If you choose the best, you can be sure that your hands will remain germs free, and your skin too will stay nourished without being stripped off its natural oils.