The Internet continues to change our relationship with health information. We spend more time reading magazines and newspapers online, whether it’s through our laptop, iPads, or other mobile devices.
While doctors, nurses, and other health professionals are the first choice if we have health concerns, online resources have become a significant source of health information. In fact, a recent survey from the Pew Internet & American Life Project finds that, of the 74% of adults who use the Internet:
- 80% of internet users looked online about any of the 15 health topics asked about such as a specific disease or treatment.
- 34% of internet users have read someone else’s commentary or experience about health or medical issues online.
- 25% of internet users have watched an online video about health or medical issues.
- 24% of internet users have consulted online reviews of particular drugs or medical treatments.
- 18% of internet users have gone online to find others who might have health concerns similar to theirs.
Additionally, people are also turning to social network sites, like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, to find health-related information. Consider:
- 23% of social network site users have followed their friends’ personal health experiences or updates on the site.
- 17% of social network site users have used social networking sites to memorialize other people who suffered from a certain health condition.
- 15% of social network site users have gotten any health information on the sites.
So, why advertise with us?
- Reach our highly targeted consumer readers
- Elevate your brand’s reputation and produce measurable results by being associated with a trusted publishing company that has been in existence for 25 years and counting
- Showcase your products and services on a platform that garners over 9,500 web visits per month
- Because we limit the number of advertisers in an email or a web page, this guarantees that you’ll receive a prominent ad position
- Pittsburgh Healthcare Report provides several customized marketing and advertising solutions to support your specific objectives
People’s desire to access health information remains robust. That is why being featured as an online advertiser with Pittsburgh Healthcare Report is a unique opportunity to highlight your practice or organization. If you’re trying to reach a consumer audience interested in healthcare, Pittsburgh Healthcare Report is the perfect destination to promote your products and services. Your ads will not only reach our average 9,000+ unique monthly visitors, but we’ll also promote your content to our 7,500+ Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn connections and 7,000+ email subscribers as well. You won’t find better content in any other consumer health magazine—local or national, in print or online.