In the hustle and bustle of life, headache is one of the most common issues found in all aged men, women, and children. Hectic personal and work life and the two major culprits for increasing headache. As per the Migraine research foundation report, nearly 39 million people in the US and more than one million worldwide are struggling with neurological disease. The great data proves that anyone struggling with headaches needs to take effective steps at the beginning than taking a high dose of painkillers.
In this post, considering most people’s concerns, we have defined the various reasons for headaches and how you can come out of pain. So, if you are too struggling with pain, without further ado know your headache type, reason, and how you can overcome it.
Understand your headache pain
The headache starts when the nerves in the blood vessels and muscles are irritated. Most of the time a headache starts at the backside of the head, but if you feel elsewhere pain like in your eyes, it can also be a form of headache.
What are common causes of headaches?
The reason for headaches can vary from person to person. But here we have a list of few common causes of headache. These includes:
- Fatigue or lack of sleep
- Smoke, odors, or perfumes
- Poor or flickering lighting
- Stress or tension
- Incorrect glasses prescription
- Changes in hormone levels
- Sinus problems or allergies
- Climatic conditions changes
- Blood pressure or other diseases
- Eye troubles
- Alcohol, caffeine, or cigarettes excessive consumption
What are different types of headaches?
There are three major categories of headaches named Tension headaches, Migraines headache, and Sinus headaches. All these have different symptoms and different remedies. First of all, know what your headache type is in detail, then go with treatment to get freedom from pain properly. So, let’s know more about the three most common types of headaches.
Migraine is one of the hardest types of pain. Most migraine experts are not sure about the real cause of migraine. But there are some common reasons found for migraine attacks. These include excessive contact with light, sound, and smell. The migraine pain can last from a day to months with nausea and vomiting symptoms. The worst thing is that people become more light and sound sensitive.
How to prevent migraine headaches?
Taking plenty of precautions is the best remedy to save from migraine pain. Some of the most advised preventions include:
- Do not work in poor or excessive light. You must set system lights to an optimal model that won’t put a strain on muscles.
- Avoid eating foods such as aged cheese, beans, chocolate, red wine, and food rich in caffeine or nitrates.
Some effective ways to get relief from migraine
- Use icing therapy to get relief from migraine pain. You can also wrap ice in a cloth and apply it to affected areas for 10-12 minutes. Repeat the process after every 20 minutes.
- Sit or sleep in dim or no light areas. You can also wear eye masks. It will help you to relax muscles
- Drink lots of water and skip caffeine products. You can use caffeine-free products that help you to relax.
As the name indicates tension headaches, start with high stress and anxiety levels. Some of the other reasons for tension pain can be poor lighting, lack of sleep, and incorrect glasses prescriptions. The person feels dull with pain on the neck and at the back of the head. The constant pain can make the eyes feel tired.
How to prevent tension headaches?
Tension headaches can have a short life and happen barely in a month until you meet certain circumstances. But if you are getting a painting every 15 days it may take serious shape. Therefore, tries to follow the below preventions to avoid tension headaches:
- Take time to relax from a hectic schedule
- Conder your workplace lightning, it should not be too high or low
- Check air ventilation at your workplace or home
- Find out stress-causing triggers and ways to avoid them
Some natural ways to get relax
- Join health programs to get freedom from pain and feel relaxed. You will get good guidance and know the ways to come out of tension headaches.
- Brush your scalp lightly with a hairbrush. You will feel relaxed and your muscles get comfortable.
- Take a hot water bath or wrap a towel around your neck to relax your muscles.
- Massage back and neck muscles in a circular form to improve blood circulation.
Sinus headache attacks on the nose, forehead, cheeks, eyes, and sometimes on the top of the head. Sinus is caused by cold or allergies that make the person inflamed and infected. Most sinus attacks in the evening and afternoon, most of the time patients suffer from high fever. The good news is that the sinus can be treated and once treated well hardly affects later. But many people who think sinus actually suffer from migraine.
How to prevent sinus headaches?
Sinus headache is a result of cold trouble. Therefore the best way is to treat cold flu. Here we have few more tips:
- Treat cold as it affects. Do not let it build-up.
- Avoid certain situations like dust, smoke, strong odors, and fumes
How to get freedom from sinus headaches?
- Drink plenty of water and other liquids to keep mucus thinner. You can also use a humidifier at home and office to clean the air.
- Use a hot water bottle or warm towel around affected areas. It will serve you relief.
- You can also use nasal decongestants as directed by the physical to reduce inflammation.
Let’s wrap Up!!
Here we have discussed the three most common types of headaches. So, before taking any painkiller, you must know your headache type. It will help you to take effective measures like whether you need cold packs or warm compresses on pain. In addition, joining health programs proves helpful for those who want freedom from chronic pain without using painkillers.