Stress stimulates a surge of hormones which makes your sleep and relaxation moments worthless. Exhausted body needs a good rest, but as far as you can’t rest while you are stressed you may start to feel headaches, moodiness, and memory loss, inability to concentrate and even aggressive behavior. It’s well known for a long time that constant stress weakens your immune system; therefore you are always in danger to get colds, the flu or other dangerous health issues. Heart attacks are also usually the consequences of stress.
Make a wellbeing checklist. If these three to five items were part of your daily routine, you’d feel more balanced, content and happy. These items may include physical exercise, balanced diet, reading, writing, talking with friends, spending quality time with loved ones, meditation and/or prayer, etc. Then carefully schedule your week these items every day. Stick to your schedule and make your own wellbeing a priority.
10 tips to help eliminate stress from your life:
- Limit the use of things that cause unnecessary stress
- Give up habits that cause stress
- Give up being passive and start solving problems and use your strengths
- Give up envy, grudges and fantasizing
- Give up procrastination and being habitually late
- Rest, “keep the Sabbath,” take a day off
- Live in gratitude, commit acts of kindness and count your blessings
- Organize and simplify your space
- Be optimistic –optimistic thinking like visualizing an ideal future increases feelings of well-being.
- Create a wellbeing checklist: What 5 items do you need every day to feel more content and balanced? For many people this could include: exercise, some form of meditation or prayer, healthy diet, reading, gardening, listening to music, spending quality time with family and/or friends, etc. Post this list in several places throughout your home and office and do them every day
Christoph Nauer, MTS is a Life & Business Coach & Vision Board Trainer with Life Coaching With a Twist. Get 10 FREE TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS at http://christophnauer.com/